High demand topics
• dictionaries • GED prep • poetry • urban fiction • writing • drawing • addiction & recovery • history •
• health & exercise • guides to learning a trade (construction etc) More Examples
Please do not donate the following (save us the cost and trouble of recycling)
• encyclopedias • Readers Digest condensed books • Cliff notes • books in poor condition • pamphlets • reports •
• articles • academic journals • textbooks older than 5 years • moldy, dusty, poorly stored books • spiral bound textbooks •
• magazines (including National Geographics)
If you live outside of our area and would like to mail your donation to us, please do so at the following address:
UC Books to Prisoners
Book Donation Processing
PO Box 515
Urbana IL 61803
If you live in the Champaign / Urbana Illinois community please donate books at one of our conveniently located book drop sites. Typcially our donation bins hold up to 150 books, however if you have additional boxed books, you can neatly stack them near the collection bin.
To coordinate donations of large amounts of books (twenty boxes or more), or to plan a book drive at your church or organization please use the contact form on our web site to make arrangements.
Local Book Drop Sites
Independent Media Center
Your very own community media center! You are invited to participate in any or all of our projects, including Books to Prisoners, WRFU Low power FM community radio, Public i newspaper, live music shows and theatrical performances and art workshops. Book Donation bin located inside entrance
(door on Broadway) to the left near the information table.
202 S. Broadway Ave. Urbana
||Common Ground Food Co-op
Common Ground Food Coop is a cooperatively owned grocery stoer in Urbana, IL that promotes local and organic production, fosters conscious consumerism, and builds community. Located on the East side of Lincoln Square Village. Book Donation bin located in the entry way.
Lincoln Square Village - 300 S. Broadway Ave. Suite 166 Urbana